Tone Your Body with CoolSculpting
Even people who diet and exercise sometimes struggle to achieve their body goals. This is where CoolSculpting® can step in and save the day. Designed to target the problem areas such as the flanks, upper arms, thighs, etc, this non-surgical treatment can result in permanent fat removal to the targeted area.
What is CoolSculpting®?
CoolSculpting® is the process of strategically freezing fat. When fat cells are lowered to a certain temperature, they are unable to survive. At this point, they crystallize and die. Once a fat cell has died it will release its contents and be flushed out of the body. Your body will never attempt to repair or replace destroyed fat cells. Due to the fact that fat cells are destroyed for good, results are permanent. Keep in mind that non-treated areas will still be able to put on weight. It is likely that a large weight fluctuation after these treatments would result in a new problem area or two.
Where is CoolSculpting® Effective?
The device used in this treatment is very versatile, making it ideal for treating a long list of areas. Common treatment areas include:
- Banana roll (underneath the buttocks)
- Back fat
- Bra fat
- Upper arm
- Double chin
Who is a Good Candidate for CoolSculpting®?
This safe and effective treatment can help many people. There are certain factors that make an individual a better candidate than others, including:
- Being in good general health: Although the risk of side effects is very small to begin with, being overall healthy further reduces the chances.
- Being near your target weight: This is a great treatment for sculpting and toning the body. It is not intended for people dealing with obesity or with large amounts of weight to lose before reaching their goals.
- You’re seeking a non-surgical solution: If you are someone wanting to avoid the pain and downtime of surgery, you may be an ideal candidate for CoolSculpting®.
- You understand the CoolSculpting® process: At your consultation, we will ensure you understand the procedure and what results you can expect. It is important to have realistic expectations going into any cosmetic procedure.
- You are pregnant or may become pregnant: There is no conclusive research on whether or not this treatment affects an unborn child, making it a good idea to wait until after giving birth to have it done. Since pregnancy often changes the fat deposits of the body, it is a good idea to wait until you are done having children before having CoolSculpting® done.
Get In Touch with Us to Find Out More
If you would like to learn more about how CoolSculpting® can help you tone your body, we invite you to reach out and make an appointment with Grossman Dermatology. At our convenient locations in Santa Monica and New York, we would be happy to answer your questions. Contact us today to set up your consultation – we look forward to speaking with you!