Have you decided to remove a tattoo? Grossman Dermatology offers laser tattoo removal to restore your skin to its previous condition over a course of treatments.
What to Expect During Treatment
- Wash the area and shave any hair away
- Areas should not be tanned by the sun or any tanning product
- Don’t use lotion, makeup, perfume, etc. on the area
- Wear clothing that is comfy and loose enough for the area to be accessed
- Eat before your appointment
We typically use a topical numbing cream before treatment, as it reduces about 50% of the discomfort. This cream will need about half an hour to work. Laser tattoo removal can be uncomfortable, but it’s very tolerable (especially for those who are used to sitting for a tattoo in the first place.) It’s also good to note that treatments usually move fairly quickly. For example, an area the size of a quarter can be treated in about 15 seconds. After treatment, we may apply a topical or a cold pack to help your skin feel better — but often, this isn’t even necessary. After a series of treatments (usually over 3-6 months), you will see that your tattoo is becoming more and more invisible.