One of our primary services at Grossman Dermatology in Santa Monica is dermal fillers. These cosmetic injectables have the ability to achieve a wide variety of improvements for the face and body.
Dermal Fillers for Every Area of the Face
Facial fillers aren’t just for filling in lines and wrinkles; they also have the ability to sculpt the face, lift the cheekbones, fill in apples of the face, plump up lips, square the jaw, and more. Dermal fillers can even replace surgery for some.
You can truly get a dramatic result with little downtime, with less cost and risk than with surgery. From Restylane to Voluma to Sculptra, we are excited to offer the most effective facial fillers at Santa Monica's and NYC's Grossman Dermatology locations. There is a wide range of dermal fillers — and Dr. Grossman believes that different fillers have different qualities, and that using the best possible filler for each area of treatment is key to achieving the most natural and beautiful result possible.
Hyaluronic Acid Facial Fillers
Hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers are very versatile. Hyaluronic acid is a natural sugar found in the human body that attracts and binds water, which makes the skin look hydrated, plump, and healthy. Hyaluronic acid facial fillers include Restylane®, Juvéderm®, and Belotero® products.
Calcium Hydroxylapatite Facial Fillers
Calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA; naturally found in our bones) fillers improve the appearance of moderate to severe lines and wrinkles, as well as hollow or sunken areas of the face. These products also stimulate new collagen growth. CaHA dermal fillers are soft and gel-like, with a thicker consistency than hyaluronic acid fillers. This means that CaHA fillers last longer than hyaluronic acid fillers (about 12 months). FDA-approved calcium hydroxylapatite facial fillers include Radiesse®.
Poly-L-Lactic Acid Facial Fillers
Poly-l-lactic acid (PLLA) is a biodegradable (can be broken down by the body) and biocompatible (will not harm the body) synthetic substance. These types of dermal fillers are known as collagen stimulators because not only do they smooth wrinkles; they also stimulate the body’s natural collagen production. They are also different than other facial fillers because the results are gradual instead of instant, developing over the course of a few months. FDA-approved poly-l-lactic acid fillers include Sculptra®.
Polymethyl Methacrylate Facial Fillers
Polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) is a synthetic, biocompatible substance that has a long history in the medical world. In dermal fillers, PMMA takes the form of microspheres which are suspended within collagen gel. This collagen gel eventually fades away from the body and is replaced by your own natural collagen — but the microspheres remain to work as a “scaffolding” for the new collagen. The result is long-term smoothness and reduction of smile lines (up to five years). FDA-approved PMMA dermal fillers include Bellafill®.
Additional Fillers offered at Grossman Dermatology
- Radiesse: Exceptional for creating strong cheekbones, filling in sunken cheeks, and restoring a fuller chin. Areas that require a larger “fill volume” to soften and lift typically do very well with Radiesse.
- Restylane: A great product for enhancing cheekbones and turning up the corners of the mouth. It can take years off the face by softening the nasolabial folds.
- Sculptra: An excellent injectable to fill in large areas. This is a soft product that’s most commonly used to subtly enhance the hollows of cheeks, soften a prominent chin, and decrease the appearance of deep nasolabial folds. It is not used for lip enhancement. Results can last up to two years.
- Belotero: Because Belotero is made of a low-density gel, it’s especially effective for improving very fine lines and wrinkles.
- Juvéderm: The softest of all the hyaluronic acid products, yet has the highest concentration of hyaluronic acid. It is considered to be the longest lasting and is an excellent choice for soft, natural-looking and feeling lip enhancement as well as improvement of the nasolabial folds. We proudly offer Juvederm in Santa Monica at our medspa.
- Juvéderm Ultra Plus: This product has a thick gel that makes it a great option for individuals with more severe wrinkles. It also provides better volume for the cheeks or jaw areas, and is long-lasting.
- Juvéderm Voluma: Voluma is made with the thickest, strongest gel of any other Juvéderm products. It’s wonderful for adding volumize to the cheeks and for enhancing the chin, with long-lasting results.
Dermal Fillers at Grossman Dermatology
Dr. Grossman believes that with the right filler (or combination of fillers), you can achieve a similar result to more invasive procedures. If you’re in the areas of NYC and Santa Monica, Juvederm and other facial fillers at Grossman Dermatology can make a world of difference. We invite you to contact us to set up a consultation. Grossman Dermatology is a long-established, high-end boutique cosmetic dermatology practice known for helping individuals look their absolute best. Dr. Grossman is a board-certified cosmetic dermatologist who is a favorite among Santa Monica and NYC locals for her confidentiality, thoroughness, devoted attention, safety, and the exceptional outcomes that she achieves. Her high level of customer care and focus on patient education keeps patients coming back again and again, from celebrities to the everyday patient. Dr. Grossman is truly devoted to bringing out the natural beauty in her patients.